- Who is Dakota Homestead?
- How long has Dakota Homestead been in business?
- What does Dakota Homestead do differently compared to other underwriters?
- Why should you become a Dakota Homestead agent?
- What states has Dakota Homestead received its certificate of authority to underwrite title insurance?
- What products does Dakota Homestead offer?
- Does Dakota Homestead have a limit on the amount of liability it can insure?
- Are "E-Jackets" available for the title insurance products?
- How big is Dakota Homestead, can they handle claims?
- Does Dakota Homestead compete against our agents?
- Who is Dakota Homestead? Top
Dakota Homestead is a regional title insurance underwriter headquartered in South Dakota and licensed in 13 states. Originally organized to serve the real estate professionals involved in the title insurance industry in the state of South Dakota, the company has expanded to include agency offices in Colorado and Massachusetts and a regional underwriting area. Service was initially provided to agents in smaller counties; always performing to opportunity, enabling Dakota Homestead to develop the trust required of lasting relationships with agents in the larger county markets as well.
- How long has Dakota Homestead been in business? Top
Dakota Homestead has been underwriting title insurance since 1993. Our staff of underwriters and attorneys has over 100 years of combined experience in title insurance and real estate matters.
- What does Dakota Homestead do differently compared to other underwriters? Top
Dakota Homestead is focused on helping agents achieve their dreams. We have programs to help you build
your business, gain continuing education, keep up on current changes in the marketplace, personal service and expert underwriting advice.
Our primary focus is helping our agents any way we can.
- Why should you become a Dakota Homestead agent? Top
If you are looking for an underwriter that will provide top notch service, education and underwriting, we are the underwriter for you. We can also assist with business development and procedures to grow your agency in your target market area.
- What states has Dakota Homestead received its certificate of authority to underwrite title insurance? Top
Dakota Homestead is licensed in 13 states:
Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming
- What products does Dakota Homestead offer? Top
Dakota Homestead offers the following American Land Title Insurance policies of title insurance:
- ALTA Loan Policy
- ALTA Owners Policy
- ALTA Homeowners Policy
- ALTA Residential Owners Policy
- ALTA Leasehold Owners Policy
- ALTA Loan Policy
- ALTA Short Form Loan Policy
- ALTA Construction Loan Policy
- ALTA Leasehold Loan Policy
- ALTA United States of America Policy
State specific policies are also available. For example, in the State of Colorado, we currently offer in addition to the above list, the following policies:
- Mortgage Guarantee
- Title Guarantee
- Foreclosure Guarantee and
- Litigation Guarantee.
Dakota Homestead's sister company, Homestead Escrow & Exchange, provides assistance as a Qualified Intermediary with IRS 1031 Exchanges, closings and disbursements.
Does Dakota Homestead have a limit on the amount of liability it can insure? Top
No. Dakota Homestead has underwritten policies of insurance from less than $1000 to multi-million dollar commercial projects.
Are "E-Jackets" available for the title insurance products? Top
E-Jackets will be coming shortly to Dakota Homestead agents. This feature will available very soon, along with the specific training for this program.
How big is Dakota Homestead, can they handle claims? Top
Dakota Homestead is rated "A Exceptional" by Demotech, Inc., a rating company which evaluates all underwriters' ability to pay claims. Dakota Homestead handles claims everyday, with fast and reliable claims processing attorneys. We can insure policies from the few hundreds of dollars to multi-million dollar commercial projects.
Does Dakota Homestead compete against our agents? Top
Dakota Homestead operates differently than other underwriters. We will not compete against our agents nor will we open direct operations in the same area that we have a licensed agent. This is part of the dedication we have to the success of our company and our agents.